Some house rules. These apply to comments as well as articles.
- When using facts and statistics, make sure they’re right. Show your source with a hyperlink or parenthetical insert. No gossip and no labeling of groups without substantiation.
- We do not accept obscenities, threats, or ad hominem attacks. (Play the ball, not the person.)
- You may address the character of influential figures (Bill and Hilary Clinton, Donald Trump and some family members), but without nasty labels.
- Self-promotion and links not relevant to the subject being discussed are spam and will be deleted, as will more obvious forms of spam.
- Use your own words, with optional brief attributed quotations. Respect copyright law and avoid anything approaching plagiarism. Links to articles on other website are fine.
- Anything promoting wacky conspiracy theories will be rejected, and we’ll decode what’s wacky.
- DON’T SHOUT in all caps.
- And, finally, while we are addressing serious and difficult issues, a laugh now and then is recommended, as long as it’s not at another’s expense.
If you still have questions, send us a query via the Contact page.